1. Definition of cookies
Cookies are small strings of text sent by websites visited and saved on the device used to access these sites. When you visit the same website again, the browser reads the cookies saved on the device and retransmits the information to the website that originally created the cookies. For more information on cookies, the user can click here.
Our websites also use different types of cookies to collect information in a passive form and other technologies for reading and saving information on the device used by users in order, for example, to carry out statistical analyses, customise and facilitate the browsing experience and, with the users’ consent, to be able to send promotional messages based on their interests.
2. Types of cookies
Cookies are differentiated on the basis of the different subject that installs them on the user's device and their functions. On the basis of the subject that installs them, cookies are divided into:
• first-party cookies (managed by the owner of the website visited)
• third-party cookies (managed by a subject other than the owner of the website visited).
On the basis of their function, cookies are divided into:
• technical cookies, indispensable for the functioning of the website and for the supply of the services offered by it; they collect information such as the user’s language preferences or make it possible to save items during a purchase order;
• profiling cookies, aimed at creating and/or enriching profiles related to the user and used for the purpose of sending and/or showing advertising messages in line with the preferences manifested by the same while browsing the net.
Technical cookies can be subdivided into:
• navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal browsing and fruition of the website (making it possible, for example, to make a purchase or log in to access reserved areas);
• analytical cookies, assimilated to technical cookies when they are used directly by the manager of the website to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and on how they visit the website;
• functionality cookies, which enable users to browse according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same.
• Cookies can be temporary (when they are automatically deleted at the end of the connection) or permanent (when they remain saved on the user’s device, unless the user deletes them).
3. Types of cookies used
Our Websites use:
• technical cookies
• our own and/or third-party profiling cookies
In general, for the installation of technical cookies your prior consent is not required. However, for some particular categories of technical cookies (functionality cookies), your prior consent is required. Non-consent to functionality cookies, or in any case the deactivation of technical cookies in general may make it impossible to browse the Websites correctly and/or to make use of the services, pages, functions or content offered.
The cookies used on the Websites are presented below.
As regards analytical cookies, to analyse the points of greatest interest of the Websites visited by the user, Google Analytics uses the cookies for statistical purposes and collects information only in an aggregate form, without associating the user’s browsing IP address with any other data possessed by Google itself. Instruments have in fact been adopted that reduce the identifying power of the cookies by masking significant portions of the IP. In addition, the opportune Google Analytics settings have been activated so that Google does not combine the data collected with other information already available to it.
As regards social media buttons, the "buttons" present on the website that depict social media icons and that make it possible to interact directly with social media platforms, the buttons present on the Websites are links to LGE’s accounts on the social media networks depicted and enable the contents of the Websites to be shared through social media. The use of these buttons, services and functions involves the exchange of information with these social media networks and, therefore, the management of information and the methods for eliminating it are regulated by the social media networks themselves. Users are therefore invited to consult the privacy disclosures of each of the social media networks in question:
3. How to change cookie settings
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but the user can usually change the settings to disable this function. It is possible to block all types of cookies or to accept only certain cookies and disable others.
The “Options” or “Preferences” section on the browser menu enables users to avoid receiving cookies and other user-tracking technologies, and to receive notifications from the browser when these technologies are activated. Alternatively, it is also possible to consult the “Help” section on the toolbar on most browsers.
You can also select the browser you are using from the following list and follow the instructions:
- Internet Explorer
To review the cookie settings, click here
LG Electronics Italia S.p.A.
Via Aldo Rossi 4
20149 Milan, Italy
Users can also contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Last update: 13 December 2021